Fees and Charges
|Entire venue (Main Hall, Front Room, Kitchen)|
|Hourly (minimum 2 hours – maximum 4 hours)||60||50||Y|
|Main Hall (with kitchen)|
|Hourly (minimum 2 hours – maximum 4 hours)||50||35||Y|
|Front room (with kitchen)|
|Hourly (minimum 2 hours – maximum 4 hours)||30||20||Y|
|Low risk event, e.g. meeting||100||100||N|
|Medium risk event, e.g. performance||250||250||N|
|High risk event, multi-day or alcohol served||500||500||N|
|to be determined by coordinator|
|Consecutive full day hire discounts|
|2 days – 15% off total|
|3 days – 25% off total|
|4 days – 30% off total|
|Longer – 33% off total|
|Note: Multiple class bookings discounted on application|
- Standards – Commercial or private hire
- Community – Non profit organisation / community group
Community rate must meet the following guidelines:
- Registered charities and community groups or organisations.
- local libraries, schools and education providers (local is defined as being from the Byron Shire)
- functions and meetings sourced by Byron Shire Council for community benefit by Council or on behalf of Council.
Steps in the booking process
- Please email Heather Rose to enquire about availability for your event. Heather Can also assist you with any extra requirements you may have.
- The next step is to complete the online booking form. This gives the co-ordinator the information required to invoice for the event.
- You will receive and Invoice. Payment of this invoice is required before the date can be held.
Phone: 0488 609 774, you can leave messages here.
Or: 0403 204 644
Community Application Form
As a community hall we offer a discount rate for Community Users. The Mullumbimby Civic Hall Management will use the following guidelines to define user categories for hire. To apply for Community Rates please fill in the online Community Application form addressing the criteria below;
- Not for profit legal structure and a registered office within the Byron Shire
- No wages or gratuities being paid to an individual
- Income being donated to community organisations
- Raising money for charity
- Supports a community group
- Registered as an income exempt tax exempt charity (ITEC) with the ATO
- Is a genuine private event not open to members of the public
- A person (or group) who freely offers to perform a service or undertake a task.
If you do not have the required documentation then please provide evidence of your not for profit status using the above criteria. All applicants are required to complete the online Community Application Form.
- Creates an income from activity
- Makes a profit from the activity
- Pays staff or individual for an activity
- Is a sole trader or registered business
The Mullumbimby Civic Hall Management will use the information submitted on the Customer Feedback Form to improve our services to our clients and the community. Our aim is to provide a Civic Hall that is a focal point for the town of Mullumbimby, providing a venue for entertainment, community events, public meetings and exhibitions. Opportunity also exists to get involved in the future and upkeep of the Civic Hall by volunteering your skills or by application to the Board of Management.
If you would like to be a Volunteer at the Mullumbimby Civic Hall then please email the Venue Coordinator at email@example.com outlining your contact details, skills and availability.